Knights-Honor-Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Ranged Combat Questions (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Ranged Combat Questions

Geralt of Rivia

Free
graphgraph
User Offline Klicke hier, um diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht zu schicken Klicke hier, um das Profil des Spielers zu sehen
Birthdate:

to the moderators

Ranged Combat Questions      13.02.2017 01:01:16 --- 10 Months ago  
I saw no post for this help here and I have made this same in my nation.

To save my small bag of coin I ask here for a soonest answer too.

I am wondering to buy ranged weapons.
My research says this on long range battle. Some small parts not included. ( I highlight some points.)

QUOTE:
1. Long-range combat:

Knights/Guards and defenders use their long-range weapons. Each archer has up to 3 shots.

Any enemy can be hit. Shields can block 50% of the arrows.
Everybody who uses a long-range weapons does not get a shield bonus.
At most 30 vitality points will be deduced for hits caused by long-range weapons.

Long-range weapons will not be used if you are on horseback.
Also you can only use regular bows if you are wearing no more than 12 armor points. The long-range weapons throwing axe, javelin can be used with up to 16 armor points, cross-bow can be used with up to 20 armor points.

The number of shots a long-range weapon can fire in battle is differentiated as follows:

•(short) bows up to 4 shots

•longbows approximately 3 shots

•throwing axe, javelin approximately 2 shots

•cross-bow, approximately one shot

What is normal bow different from these other weapons?
Is the shot count 3 or 4 with short bows?
Are Genovese Bow and Longbow also called regular bows?
It appears that Javelin and Thrown Axe are best balance, but do these also cause no horseback?
(They can make the maximum (30) damage but can wear better armor.)

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Konstantinos

Byzantium
TECH-MOD
RP-MOD
graphgraph
User Offline Klicke hier, um diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht zu schicken Klicke hier, um das Profil des Spielers zu sehen

to the moderators

Re:Ranged Combat Questions      13.02.2017 01:27:56 --- 10 Months ago  
I believe "regular bows" are all bows with the exception of cross bows.

The help description of the interaction between armor, riding and long-range weapons seems to be misleading.

First of all, armor determines whether a long range weapon is used.

If a two-handed weapon and/or a long-range weapon is used, a horse is not ridden (including for axe and javelin as far as I know).

Only users of long-range weapons attack in the first phase, and as a result they do not attack in the second phase.

As noted in the help it is therefore advantageous to combine two-handed weapons with long-rnage weapons and armor that permits the long-range weapon to be used.

I think the statement "Long-range weapons will not be used if you are on horseback." should actually be "If you use a long-range weapon and/or a two-handed weapon you will dismount for the battle"

Now learning the way of the Sword
NPCs: i) Macarias the Virtuous, Patriarch of Antioch (the "Old Man" ); ii) The Protodeacon of Hagia Sophia; iii) The Eparch of the City; iv) A Guy Named Joe; v) Uncle Tom Cobley; vi) Ozymandias; vii) Flatus the Corpulent, Merchant of Antiquities; viii) Euphrosyne Roisin, mother.

Geralt of Rivia

Free
graphgraph
Birthdate:

to the moderators

Re:Ranged Combat Questions      13.02.2017 01:52:06 --- 10 Months ago  
Is the answer 3 shots or 4 shots with the short bows? Does this include Genovese bow?(a naval bow?)

Can this mean 3 hits but 4 shots possible?

If the hand weapons can do more than 30vp total to me, (sample: -0.6vp remaining) , why do the ranged combat stop at 30?

The skill % ? Is it my chance to hit or does it change how much I can shoot? The count says up to, but is this because the type of weapon only?

Donabella

Leon
graph

to the moderators

Re:Ranged Combat Questions      13.02.2017 10:52:44 --- 10 Months ago  
Geralt of Rivia wrote:
QUOTE:
Is the answer 3 shots or 4 shots with the short bows?

Up to 4.
Hoern programmed a differentiation in the number of shots a couple of years ago. 3 shots for everything was before, anything just saying 3 is the old help version not updated with the rest.
Mind that knights not fighting in longrange combat have a shield bonus - 50 % of the arrows are blocked by their shields.

I believe for longrange weapons it is speed that determines the number of shots possible. The higher the speed the more potential shots. That would put a Genovese bow in the longbow category.

The number of maximal potential shots is for 100 % skill. Skill influences the number of shots. With 30 % skill you never hit anything. You should get a hit from 35 % skill upwards. Longrange weapons come in 2 classes - bow or sling. Pick a class and stick to a class to keep the skill you gather. Get a longrange weapon as soon as possible as a young knight and go forth and battle - against enemy armies - to gather skill.

Take a look at what kind of enemies you might be fighting, whether they will be wearing armor and how much armor. When attacking old knights in level 6 armor, possibly with 2 SRM armor points added, 5-8 hitpoints might be absorbed by the armor. On the plus side a new young knight can do damage against the most highly skilled opponents - skill is no defense against arrows.

Geralt of Rivia wrote:
QUOTE:
If the hand weapons can do more than 30vp total to me, (sample: -0.6vp remaining) , why do the ranged combat stop at 30?

They don't. Go attack a castle and you might end up with up to -30 VP in longrange combat. Arrows will also hit disabled knights.

Last Edit: 2017/02/13 10:57 By Donabella.

Geralt of Rivia

Free
graphgraph
Birthdate:

to the moderators

Re:Ranged Combat Questions      14.02.2017 22:02:36 --- 10 Months ago  
Thank you both your majesties.
Now I am thinking clearer on this selection.

Go to top Post Reply