Knights-Honor-Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Re:[IRP] My Love, My Liege

Ardmaho Howillian

England
graphgraph
User Offline Klicke hier, um diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht zu schicken Klicke hier, um das Profil des Spielers zu sehen

to the moderators

Re:[IRP] My Love, My Liege      07.04.2017 23:14:06 --- 4 Months, 1 Week ago  
It was a momentary shock as he was about to make a small genuflection to His majesty ....only to see his daughter jump in between them while he was half down and his daughter's frustrated cry of "You didn't tell me he was a king!" startled him for a moment. His momentary disorientation was immediately replaced by a paternal warmth and joy as her small hands went from grasping his shoulders to a warm embrace. He glanced at the King of England only momentarily and then unashamedly wrapped his smaller daughter in his arms and kissed her forehead. Something he regretted missing out on for so many years. Lucky he was that she had inherited his beloved Aednat's more petite and compact frame....it gave him the false luxury to pretend she was still a younger girl. Of course, he could never tell her as much, in such a surroundings.

Well, we do have some matters to attend to, yes, my dear. Perhaps your matrimony would be of interest? At this he released her with a teasing smile and looking first to His friend and monarch, William Marshal, he only nodded silently toward the bench nearby at his left hand, the request to sit only spoken with a raised eyebrow and a small hand gesture. It was the king's prerogative to expect all others to stand in his presence, and even the church did not remove that. Especially to an anointed and Crowned Christian monarch. Ardmaho was elated that things were so well between them that his daughter was already permitted seating beside him. The charm of her was certainly blessed in abundance it seemed. Certainly not inherited from her quiet and austere father, thank the maker!

There is another matter before that, though. i must at least speak of it. Your majesty, the Heir to Blessed Saint Peter, His Holiness Alexander, has fallen from unknown cause and a conclave has been called to restore the head of the Sacred Church. His eyes took all the inhabitants of the inn into his gaze, but he kept most of his focus to His expected Son-in-law, and the child who reminded him most of his own heart's love, Aednat.

The sword in defense of the righteous will always prevail.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ardmaho Howillian

England
graphgraph
User Offline Klicke hier, um diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht zu schicken Klicke hier, um das Profil des Spielers zu sehen

to the moderators

Re:[IRP] My Love, My Liege      12.04.2017 23:01:59 --- 4 Months ago  
As the silence after his statement about the Pope dragged on archbishop Ardmaho grew concerned. He had never known His Royal Majesty to be struck so mute by any remark.

Your highness, I assure you I do not jest, but it is not a tragedy so great that the wound on the head of the church cannot be healed. Please, speak to me lest I feel I have done you a harm or a malady with my words alone!

Here Ardmaho gently pushed past his daughter to come closer and exam the royal personage of William Marshall.
As he did so he noted her condition as well. She appeared a little disoriented as well, and he hoped he would not have to send for a royal food checker to attend here in his own region of Winchester! God would not have reason to allow Lucifer or that Satan's servants to harm both His Divinely Annointed monarch to Christian England, William Marshall, and the beloved daughter of His loyal clergyman, Mirriam Howillian. Certainly not!!

Guards! clear the food and seize the innkeep and all his servants! Detain them, quickly!

The sword in defense of the righteous will always prevail.

Miriam Howillian

Papal States
Council of Knights
graphgraph
User Online Now Klicke hier, um diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht zu schicken Klicke hier, um das Profil des Spielers zu sehen

to the moderators

Re:[IRP] My Love, My Liege      21.04.2017 03:04:02 --- 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
"I'm fine, father, we're fine," Miriam replied quickly. "Please, we don't need the excitement. My love, liege; father, I think we should retire, if that is our intent, and prepare to move on. I'm sorry. I cannot focus well. I... did not know my cousin well, but it seems all the great ones are going away. Such grace a wicked world cannot long bear. At any rate, there is nothing we can do today."

Her eyes looked around at the rest of the king's entourage. Slowly, she stood, and offered a curtsy to William and her father. "Forgive me, then, and I ask your excuse, my liege. Let us reunite at dawn for our travel, then?"

When their farewells had been said, and her prentice followed her to the room the innkeeper begrudgingly allowed them, Miriam sat heavily on the bed, frowning at the far wall. "You liked him?"

Miriam's eyes followed the sound to the younger girl, then looked away again. "I do not know. Only... something is not right. Like somehow, a curse has fallen on them all. I wonder what great facet of fate we've so angered."

William Marshal

England
graphgraph

to the moderators

Re:[IRP] My Love, My Liege      01.06.2017 04:23:32 --- 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
"My liege"a calm voice broke the heavy silence,it was Richard,his trusted earl..."Pardon me sire,it's late hour,may I advise you to retire for rest,for the journey was long,I'm sure your highness could rest"he continued in the same quiet tone.
-"I'll rest in the grave noble friend,until then this kingdom needs his king,and there's so much our gracious Lord entrusted to us,praised be His name.Fech me wine and leave me for the time being.Pray for my soul and for the soul of our Holly Father who left us,so suddenly...Pray for England and her folk whom we all so much love,and for the forgiveness of our sins."
-"But my most beloved friend,Ardmaho,stay with me if you please,your council would be needed both in matters of state and matters of heart..."
And so,all obeyed the wish of their master and left the room,which fell quiet,only the sound of the fire broke the heavy silence,like a reminder,time didn't stop.
"I remember the dark times that fell upon us...England lost her ruler,the Scots invaded from the north...I was crowned and they rebelled against they ruler those bastards...
And when we thought we are safe the northerners invaded,savaged and looted their way trough the kingdom...and sacked Cheshire..."Saddeness and sorrow bestowed upon his grim face but it didn't last long,for what he was about to speak next wiped it all away.
"But God was with us all this time,he sent his servant to guide us trough these dark times,to council us with his wisdom and kind words in times of greater need,and remind us of his Grace when all hope was gone.And what other if not heavenly grace brought this beautiful lady into our court...with her beauty and kindness...what did we do so we deserve such grace"

William Marshal Dei gracia rex Angliae

Miriam Howillian

Papal States
Council of Knights
graphgraph
User Online Now Klicke hier, um diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht zu schicken Klicke hier, um das Profil des Spielers zu sehen

to the moderators

Re:[IRP] My Love, My Liege      17.06.2017 23:19:54 --- 2 Months ago  
"Why don't you go to him?"

"I'm worried about my cousins," Miriam confessed, looking at her hands.

"Go to your husband."

A glance, and Miriam's face reddened. She coughed softly, evasively, and pressed a hand to her chest. "But- I- we- we're not married yet. It wouldn't- ... I mean, we're not married yet. Soon. My father could, you know, with the ceremony, but-"

Her friend giggled, and put her hands on Miriam's shoulders, putting her face next to Miriam's ear, whispering gently. "You don't have to... be with him. Just go to him. If you're under stress, he's a king. Imagine the suffering he must be going through. You could make someone's day a little brighter. A king's day a little brighter. Your husband's, to be precise. Go on! Go!" She positioned herself behind Miriam and gave her a gentle shove.

Warily, Miriam stood, and pressed her hand a little more firmly to her chest. She tried to stammer something out, then fled out the door, looking one direction, then the other. It didn't take her long to hear his voice, and realized he was talking about her. Miriam paused briefly before approaching, reaching out to touch his arm. For an instant, she opened her mouth to speak, but no words escaped, and she pressed her lips back together, rising up briefly on the tips of her toes to kiss at his jawline and smile at him.

Go to top Post Reply